Monday 13 October 2014

Billy No-Mates (& The Bullshitters)

I started writing music 10 years ago and have loved it ever since. There is nothing more satisfying for me than putting together a song or performing it to an audience. It's always felt a lot like home; Certain, unconditional, safe. Composing my emotions and imaginations into 3 minutes of intense sound is the only suitable way to cope within the rapidly greying world around me.

When I was 15 I joined my first band and the habit continued irrevocably. When I became a man I started to form my own band with all of the incredibly talented musicians I had met along the way. Recording music and performing live as much as possible.

In total to date I count 16 members of Billy No-Mates & The Bullshitters, although for the time being we have stripped our live entourage down to myself, Callum Mangold-Jackson on Bass & Josh Green on Drums. Gigging has become more common and plans have been put in place to record not one but two releases over the next year or so. The sheer thought of being back in the studio excites me. Not only for the chance to record some of the songs I've already written for you but for the prospect of writing more along the way.

Due to certain implications within the music industry, we have decided to use "Billy No-Mates" as our public face and keep all that Bullshitter bother for the record sleeves and pirate radio stations.

Our first single "Run Rabbit" will be with you shortly. Just as soon as we get our fingers out...

No comments:

Post a Comment