Sunday 12 October 2014

I Am God.

For as long as I can remember, religion has been a part of my everyday life. I've never been truly devout in anything other than art & drugs but I've dabbled here and there, picking up pieces of the puzzle as I ramble along.

As far as I can tell, all "mainstream" religions follow the same basic rules in order to achieve the same basic outcome; To lead a good and honest life in order to reach enlightenment & transcendence. The rules waver somewhat in between but we can easily point the blame at certain cultural influences at the time of their publication over several hundred (possibly thousand) editions & amendments.

Jim Jefferies put it best when he said that the Bible should be one page long and only read "Don't be a cunt". Quintessentially, all of these publications are portraying exactly that message in a round about way if you really really scratch the surface (really). Ultimately, a religious article is a guide book for the believer to follow in order to lead a good life and please their particular God. Unfortunately, many fell fowl to corruption during the monetary establishment and subsequent capitalisation of religion. It's come to the point where most sane, open-minded people would rather choose not to follow any religion at all, let alone in an orthodox fashion.

So here's the truth. The real truth. To put your mind at ease...

I am God.

But so are you...

Listen! In all my inquisitions I have noted that all religions and belief systems point to God (or earlier on "Gods & Goddesses") being the forces of nature. More-so, the power of the universe. I have a theory that our God is not a hypocritical, contradictory deity with a split personality. No... I believe that God is in everything. God is in the winds and the waters, the planets and the stars, the light and the dark. God is in every particle and every atom. God is inside of us, outside of us and most importantly, part of us. Every single one of us!

However, it does come with a catch... You can't use God as an excuse any more! You shouldn't beat yourself up about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment